- .All manuscripts can be submitted to the Editor in soft copies
- All manuscripts should be typed in 1.5 lines spacing, with Margins of 1 inch on each side, using Times New Roman font size 12, not exceeding 15 to 18 pages including references. Kindly use block paragraphing.
- The cover page should carry only the title of the paper, name(s), address(es) or institution(s), e-mail address(es), and phone number(s) of the author(s)
- Second page should carry the title of the paper also for blind review, an abstract of 250 words with, at most, optional 5 key words
- Submission could be made in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscripts could be written in English, Hebrew, Greek, French, Arabic, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba
- All manuscripts should be original and not have been submitted elsewhere for publication
- Citations, Tables and References should follow the current APA, MLA and Turabian or Chicago format
- Empirical manuscripts should have the following sub-headings: introduction, review/theoretical framework/conceptual definitions or framework/method, results, discussions, conclusions and recommendations
- Quotations exceeding 40 words should be indented at the left side only in single line spacing. Those that are 40 words or less should be integrated with quotation marks: both should designate page number(s)
- It is recommended that 50% of an article’ references or references should span not more than a ten-year range.
- Submissions will be peer-review at a non-refundable cost of ₦5000 (five thousand Naira) only; the bank account is shown below.
- Where the paper is found publishable with or without corrections, an unsoiled copy shall be a prerequisite for publication as well as ₦20, 000 (twenty thousand Naira) for the print copy.
- Articles could be submitted all year round.
- We cheer original contributions in Applied Research, Critical Reviews, Empirical Papers, Case Studies, Analytical Papers, Review Papers, Survey Papers, Previously Published Papers in Conferences, Dissertation Chapters, Thesis Publication etc.
- We are very stretchy when it comes to the length of a submission. Nevertheless, we would suggest an average length of 5000 to 7,000 including words, figures, tables, and references.
- The author of an article receives one free copy of the specific issue of the journal.
- Articles submitted to the NOUN SCHOLAR will be tested for plagiarism.
- Italics (not bold or underlined) may only be used to indicate emphasis, a word or expression from another language, or the title of a book.
- Quotes shorter than 20 words are placed in quotation marks as part of the text. Quotes of 50 words and more form a separate paragraph indented without quotation marks
Papers will go through blind peer review or assessment and those found publishable shall appear in THE NOUN SCHOLAR
THE NOUN SCHOLAR is a biannual publication (June and December)
Delivery of Blind Peer Review Reports
- Contributors will receive the assessment report of their manuscript through their given email addresses.
- Contributors who are required to effect corrections on their manuscripts will be required to submit a revised version within a period of ONE week
Account Name: Doris Obieje
Account Number: 3058146641
Bank name: First Bank
For further enquiries, please contact:
MANAGEMENT OF EDITORIAL BOARD:
Editor in Chief: Prof Iyabode Nwabueze
Editor: Prof. Doris Obieje,
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Jabi, Abuja, Nigeria